Portuguese French Spain Italian Dutch Chinese Simplified Arabic Russian

Tuesday 18 January 2011

california of mine


I think one of the best anniversary gifts I received (actually the most expressive, which I will never forget!) not only this year, but in my whole life, was my father's one. Asked for, he gave me his 'top ten list' of Rio Grande do Sul's Music (called there “Gaudéria” aswell), including latin songs from our hermanos.

This is our reality - for who doesn’t know us and also our culture: we are joined to them over and above borders. Unfortunately we only can’t speak the same language - in fact not EXACTLY… since, there, we are used to speak a kind of castellano, or a “portunhol” due to the proximity to them.

As a consequence to have been given to me, it is my list now! I was deeply touched when I read his email sent to me, not only owing to my birthday, whereas it is something related with my roots too. Obviously, I've approved it - as much, then I am obligated to post here! Thus, let’s see:

1 - Cordas de Espinho, from Luiz Coronel (who were my father’s college professor). Became famous the version recorded by Fafá de Belém;

2 - Guri, from Cesar Passarinho;

3 - Canto Alegretense, from Antonio Augusto Fagundes (Nico Fagundes) and Bagre Fagundes;

4 - Pedi ao Vento, from Os Monarcas (actual);

5 - Orelhano, from Eleu da Slva (doctor from Rosário do Sul), recorded by the argentine singer Dante Ramon Ledesma;

6 - Romance na Tafona, from Luiz Carlos Borges;

7 - Los Hermanos, argentine, recorded by Mercedes Sosa. However, the best version is Elis Regina’s one;

8 - El Condor Pasa, icon of Chilen’s music and latin american folklore;

9 - Céu, Sol, Sul, from Leonardo;

10 - Sabe Moço, from Leopoldo Rassier, of “Não Podemo se Entregá Pros Home” (a protest song).

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, this is my musical theme of my cultural roots and traditions. What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

passatempo

  • abrace seus amigos
  • acredite em si mesmo
  • ande mais com os pés descalços
  • antene-se
  • aplique o que você prega
  • assuma seus erros
  • beba mais água
  • beije na boca com vontade
  • conheça novas culturas
  • cuide-se com carinho
  • dance sem vergonha
  • diga mais 'sim' do que 'não'
  • durma bem
  • dê atenção às pessoas
  • entregue-se ao que ama
  • escreva cartas à mão
  • estude outras línguas
  • exerça a tolerância
  • exercite-se
  • fale e ouça mais 'obrigado'
  • faça muito amor
  • goze mais e melhor
  • leia mais livros
  • movimente-se
  • não limite seus sonhos
  • ouça musicas que te façam dançar
  • ouse
  • pense positivamente
  • permita-se
  • peça bis quando é bom
  • pratique o bem
  • prove diferentes sabores
  • renove-se
  • respeite a natureza e os mais velhos
  • reveja velhos conceitos
  • se beber, não ligue!
  • seja fiel, sincero e verdadeiro
  • siga a sua intuição
  • sinta o novo
  • sorria sempre que possível
  • subverta vez que outra
  • tenha calma
  • tire alguém para dançar
  • trabalhe com dedicação
  • use camisinha
  • vá mais ao cinema
  • viaje sempre
  • viva menos virtualmente

c'est fini!