Portuguese French Spain Italian Dutch Chinese Simplified Arabic Russian

Wednesday 4 July 2012

all is not lost


Each time that I watch some movie as The Corporation, among others (more or less political... doesn't matter!), I feel depressed. Serious! 

It"s not to say that I can't do anything to change it, but I really wonder myself about have children, for example... Why bring them to this dangerous world, where values are upside down (like money being more important than people)?

It seems that there is no solution, no future, no way... F*ck! 
___________________________________________________________

notwithstanding...

Of course if everybody who is unsatisfied does small (but important) acts in their own daily lifes, all of us, together, we can change something! By the way, we are the majority - 99% of the population(!)... exactly who suffers the most severe consequences of the capitalist system. Its not something we should disdain! In our actual situation, we can even say that its not worth doing nothing about that, just ignoring we have the most powerful power in our hands. And we do have... but only while united - refer to water privatization in Bolivia and its consequences.

Stopping drink Coke and eating at McDonald's (both with some difficulty, ok... but it's possible!), spurning Walmart specials, not buying at Zaara or using Nike, for example, I can do it. And these two latter, I've been doing yet for a long time... since I knew atrocities about them. Furthermore, recycling, not lying or betray people (including not cheating on my husband, for sure), and MAINLY voting in a good way, giving my vote for candidates who I think may be good to govern... yes, finally, I thing I've done my part! (phew!)

I sincerely DO NOT want my kids seeing me drinking coke, eating many McDonald's often.. or worse: taking me supporting psycho corporate bodies as a normal thing. After all, there are some standards that must be both explained and taught at home, since young. This is the minimum we can do not to leave wrong standards be got as the right ones. This is a matter of choice, but just when you have enough knowledge to do it by yourself, with no doubts.
___________________________________________________________
 
light-hearted
 
Today, in the 236th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence in the USA, the international known "Fourth of July" (which I really don't care about!), I would like to proclaim myself independent too.

No, I'm not a slave (of my work, at least, not anymore...!), and I'm not even a sad married woman... No, I DO NOT feel my life miserable, NOT AT ALL - and I'm a (still) happily married! However, I just want to be more free than I am right now. 


It's a subtle thing... I want to feel the lightness of life. Surprising, this is one of the most difficult feelings for me, to dabble in. Free mind, free spirit, no worries, no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

passatempo

  • abrace seus amigos
  • acredite em si mesmo
  • ande mais com os pés descalços
  • antene-se
  • aplique o que você prega
  • assuma seus erros
  • beba mais água
  • beije na boca com vontade
  • conheça novas culturas
  • cuide-se com carinho
  • dance sem vergonha
  • diga mais 'sim' do que 'não'
  • durma bem
  • dê atenção às pessoas
  • entregue-se ao que ama
  • escreva cartas à mão
  • estude outras línguas
  • exerça a tolerância
  • exercite-se
  • fale e ouça mais 'obrigado'
  • faça muito amor
  • goze mais e melhor
  • leia mais livros
  • movimente-se
  • não limite seus sonhos
  • ouça musicas que te façam dançar
  • ouse
  • pense positivamente
  • permita-se
  • peça bis quando é bom
  • pratique o bem
  • prove diferentes sabores
  • renove-se
  • respeite a natureza e os mais velhos
  • reveja velhos conceitos
  • se beber, não ligue!
  • seja fiel, sincero e verdadeiro
  • siga a sua intuição
  • sinta o novo
  • sorria sempre que possível
  • subverta vez que outra
  • tenha calma
  • tire alguém para dançar
  • trabalhe com dedicação
  • use camisinha
  • vá mais ao cinema
  • viaje sempre
  • viva menos virtualmente

c'est fini!